Editor Job Opportunity
Type: Unpaid (Part-time)
What is POI?
The news today is biased across the board. Although most would shy away from this, we embrace it. It is only through this acceptance of biased media can we truly promote civil, healthy and fair debate which we strive to do with every article.
POI is a non-profit organisation looking to bring a diversity of opinions back to the media. Our main purpose is to bring you the news through a healthy and fair debate. Everything in this segment will be biased, opinionated and involve open debate. Different writers from across the political spectrum have a chance to write and challenge a reader’s way of thinking. These opinion articles will not go unchecked though, as all our political editors will have the chance to not only write their own opinion on a political event, but also produce a short rebuttal, or point of information, to each editor’s article.
Point of Information is looking for detail-orientated editors for our fast-growing political opinion news site. POI editors review, format and edit all content to ensure that our articles are accessible and accurate for our readers.
This is a crucial time for POI as we undergo a major expansion. Therefore, we are looking to take on multiple editors. This may also become a paid position in the future.
- Proofreading articles and checking content for accuracy and errors.
- Ensuring layout is consistent and meets publication standards.
- Completing SEO and readability to established expectations.
- Communicate clearly with the Chief Political Editor to ensure articles are completed on time and to a high standard.
Skills and Values
- Professional standard of English grammar and spelling.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent teamwork, organisation and communication skills.
- Students studying Politics, English or similar degrees are highly encouraged to apply.
- A strong work ethic
- Flexible workload.
- Room for progression to a leadership role within the editing team.
- Increased proficiency in Google docs, WordPress, and search engine optimisation.
- A fantastic addition to your CV.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 3 paragraphs to email@example.com with the job title in the subject. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experience to apply.
Closing date: 30/6/21